- 1) Independence, Division, and War
- 2) Dropping the atomic bomb in Hiroshima
- 3) Trusteeship & the process of partition
- 4) Military governments of U.S.A & U.S.S.R in the Korean Peninsula & 38 Parallel
- 5) Mr. Kim Gu, who started a movement against trusteeship
- 6) Failure to form a unified government between South and North Korea
- 7) North Korea’s preparation for a war
- 8) North Korean Army armed with weapons of the latest model
- 9) A cease-fire proposal & Conference
- 10) Changes at the D
- 11) DMZ of North Korea
- 12) A guard post of North Korea & a sentry of the frontmost line
3) Trusteeship & the process of partition
Nov. 23?27, 1943 in Cairo, Egypt The U.N decided a basic policy for Japan’s territories. Also, it was certain that Korea’s independence was guaranteed internationallyy
February 4-11, 1945 at Yalta, Russia During this conference, postwar reorganization was discussed. World organization, the United Nations (UN) was proposedand and the structure of the UN was also considered. The USSR agreed to enter the war against Japan.
July 17~ August 2, 1945 in Potsdam, Germany It called upon that the government of Japan proclaimed to surrender and expressed how to handle Japan after the war. Also, independence of Korea was reconfirmed.
Dec. 16~25, 1945 in Moscow, Russia During this conference, it was determined that joint committee by U.S.A & U.S.S.R is set up and put Korea under a UN trusteeship for 5 years.